Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Barbara Krugar

Barbara Krugar is a conceptual artist that uses appropriated photographs montages with text. Her work usually consist of black and white photos with bold colored text. I really enjoy looking at her work because they make you think. They mainly about body image and women's self esteem. I really like that she makes the general public aware of these issues women go through about looking good and having nice things because it shouldn't be an issue where women should feel pressured to look and act a certain way and own certain things to be beautiful. Her artwork challenges traditional views of the role women play in the house hold and in society.


1 comment:

  1. I really like this artist that you found and I'm glad you included her into your blog! I like the black and white color scheme that she uses and I aspire to incorporate that style into my own works. I personally enjoy taking works and cutting them up into a piece of my own with old textures and vintage vibes. I like that her work is classic and bold with her statements. Good choice in artist!

    ReplyDelete